Wound care has come a long way since the days of manually measuring wounds and carefully recording encounter data into paper patient charts.
Today, we have more data, insights, products and services to help treat wounds and ensure patients have access to optimal therapies. So, why aren’t pressure injuries, abscesses and other wounds a thing of the past?
The truth is, many in private practice wound care today are just tapping into a small portion of the advancements the industry now offers. In other words, if you’re not fully utilizing the latest technologies available, chances are you’re likely experiencing inefficient workflows, increased costs, and inadequate patient care.
Our eBook, “8 Ways Digital Images with EHR Technology Can Benefit Your Wound Care Program,” discusses how integrating digital imaging with electronic health records (EHR) technology can revolutionize your wound care program. In it, our wound care experts highlight the advantages of integrating these technologies to improve patient care and reduce costs.
These benefits are applicable across the board, from small practices to much larger urban hospital systems. Integrating digital imaging with electronic health records (EHR) technology can revolutionize your wound care program through:
- Improved Workflow Efficiency: Integrating digital imaging into the EHR can streamline workflows, allowing clinicians to spend more time on patient care.
- Reduced Errors: Digital imaging apps provide more accurate measurements of wound dimensions and perimeters, reducing errors and improving patient outcomes.
- Enhanced Diagnosis and Treatment: High-tech 2D and 3D digital images offer better diagnosis, tracking and treatment of wounds, ultimately leading to better patient outcomes and quality of life.
- Optimal Treatment and Interventions: Integrating digital imaging and EHR technology provides the comprehensive information needed for the best treatments and interventions, streamlining the prescribing process and ensuring adherence to best practices.
- Improved Access to Quality Care: Digital imaging and EHR technologies facilitate equitable access to quality care for all patients, regardless of their socioeconomic background.
- Reduced Overhead and Increased Revenue: Implementing EHR and digital imaging platforms can lower costs, improve efficiency and increase revenue by enabling clinics to treat more patients.
- Minimized Risk of Penalties and Fines: Accurate and consistent documentation with digital imaging and EHR technologies can help reduce penalties and fines related to hospital-acquired pressure injuries (HAPIs).
- Meaningful Reports for Leadership: EHR technology offers comprehensive data analysis and reporting capabilities, providing valuable insights for hospital leadership and department heads.
Integrating specialty wound care EHRs and digital technologies offers other benefits, as well, such as increased collaboration within teams, support for non-wound care clinicians, and reduced risk of litigation.
Don’t miss out on the potential of these powerful tools, such as how Tissue Analytics with Net Health Wound Care can benefit your wound care program today. Download our ebook and revolutionize your wound care program!