PITTSBURGH, PA – Net Health, the leader in software solutions for outpatient specialty care, has announced the availability of The Outpatient Wound Clinic Market Performance Report, developed using data from more than 700,000 patients and more than 1.5 million individual wounds documented in the WoundExpert® software, Net Health’s Electronic Medical Record (EMR) for wound management.
Based on a review of wound data from 2010 through 2012, the report provides findings about wound clinic performance and clinical outcomes from the provider of the largest EMR solution in the industry. Key findings include:
- Wound clinic utilization is increasing. In the three year study period, average monthly wound clinic visits increased from 263 to 324.
- Clinics continue to shift from individual physicians to a physician panel, with 90% of clinics using three or more physicians to provide clinical services.
- Advanced therapies are improving outcomes. The report finds that diabetic ulcers treated during the 2010-2012 research period healed approximately 40% faster using advanced therapies versus ulcers treated with conventional therapies, as measured by days to heal.
- This report also provides targeted trending data regarding utilization of Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) and advanced therapies.
Wound clinics, hospitals, and therapy manufacturers can find detailed, actionable data about wound clinic performance, patient and wound volumes, and therapies. Based on a subset of unique data from 545 clinics using Net Health software, the report provides benchmarking and trending data on key areas of wound care practice and activities, including:
- Overview of the wound care industry, including conditions, treatments and clinical settings
- Wound clinic patient admission and visit volume
- Referral patterns
- Patient demographics and statistics
- Wound statistics, including type, prevalence, staging, grading, and trending
- Diagnoses and treatments
The Outpatient Wound Clinic Market Performance Report is the first public offering from Net Health Analytics and will be available for purchase in October, 2013. For information, contact email@example.com or call 800-411-6281, ext. 3.
Learn more about Net Health Analytics.