Mason District Hospital, a 25-bed rural critical access facility in Havana, Illinois, found itself at a crossroad where the antiquated pen and paper methods of the past needed to give way to a technological solution to further drive efficiencies and guide the quality of patient care into a new era.
As staff across the board worked tirelessly to stay on top of manual processes with billing, scheduling, patient reporting, and keeping up with the everchanging compliance landscape, it was time for a change, said Marcie Ganson, PT, DPT, MBA, Director of Rehabilitation Services & Fitness, Health & Wellness Center for the hospital. “We needed an efficient outpatient therapy EHR product capable of seamless integration with other systems.”
Mason District Hospital considered generic EHR options, but the inability of these products to meet the specialized needs of outpatient therapy was a deal-breaker. The hospital really needed:
- A forward-looking system that accommodated changing rules, regulations, and market opportunities in the rehab therapy space
- Dedicated and tailored support ready to assist the staff in their various roles with the transition to a new EHR
- A reliable partner ready to meet the hospital’s existing clinical documentation needs specific to rehab therapy
This inflection point in the facility’s history spurred a game-changing decision to begin a partnership with a highly customized and efficient outpatient rehab therapy EHR solution— Net Health Therapy (formerly ReDoc powered by xfit).
Net Health Therapy delivered. The application seamlessly integrated with CPSI, the hospital’s current inpatient EHR. Net Health Therapy, a turn-key solution, offered:
- Consistent updates and upgrades to comply with changing rules and regulations, especially related to Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS)
- Embedded functional tests that quantify performance improvements to justify ongoing insurance coverage
- Integration with Focus On Therapeutic Outcomes (FOTO) to benchmark progress and motivate patients with easy to digest charts and graphs
- Easy-to-use scheduling and billing modules
- Streamlined intake process, allowing therapists to save time and refocus attention on patients rather than administrative tasks
- Reliable and fast application thanks to the cloud-based platform
The Net Health Therapy team, led by a dedicated project manager, offered the support Mason District Hospital’s staff needed during the transition of adopting a new documentation system. The team’s expertise and guidance helped the staff become comfortable with the new software and fully leverage the feature benefits at their fingertips in Net Health Therapy.
Not only did Mason District Hospital experience qualitative benefits, but the numbers speak for themselves. In 2018, Mason District Hospital made the switch from ReDoc classic to Net Health Therapy. Since they made the switch, Mason District Hospital’s outpatient rehab therapy department has experienced:
of time savings with each patient intake evaluation
in number of speech therapy patients
12% annual growth
in numbers of all therapy patients