Have you explored the relationship between your hospice PEPPER report and payment-related scrutiny?
This webinar offers a detailed examination of the direct correlation between a hospice organization’s Program for Evaluating Payment Patterns Electronic Report (PEPPER) and payment-related scrutiny with industry expert, Carrie Cooley. Carrie will discuss the current environment of data-driven payment-related scrutiny in hospice and the most common reasons for an audit to be initiated by The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) contractors including a Targeted Probe and Educate (TPE) audit, Unified Program Integrity Contractor (UPIC) audit, and other post-payment audits currently being conducted by other CMS contractors.
In addition, you will get Carrie’s recommendations for mitigating PEPPER-driven payment-related scrutiny including examination of a hospice’s Quality Assessment Performance Improvement (QAPI) program, implementation of a compliance program, and conducting pre-billing audits to identify and remediate payment-related risk.
At the end of this webinar, you’ll be able to:
- Describe all the elements of a Hospice PEPPER Report and how each Target Area percent and percentile is calculated
- Discuss methods to identify potentially problematic PEPPER data
- Explain the direct correlation between PEPPER Reports and payment-related scrutiny
- Detail current CMS Contractor audits based on aberrant PEPPER data
- List 3 compliance-related steps to mitigate payment-related scrutiny secondary to problematic PEPPER data or trends